5 Ways to Put God First




Hey ladies! I know I haven't posted in a while; it's been a busy few weeks.

I will be honest with you guys; I don't like writing post without first talking to God about it. It is critical that I keep God at the center of this blog, which led me to write this post.

One of the things I noticed I've been struggling with lately has been putting God first in my life. As our lives become increasingly busier, the first thing we put on the back burner is God. Why is that?

So here are 5 easy steps to put God first....

1. As Soon As You Wake Up Pray!

I know for me the first thing I do when I hit the snooze button is check all my social media. But by starting your day with prayer, you're putting God first in your life.  It doesn't matter what time you pray, you just want to start your day with God.

2. Do A Devotional!

Whether it's 5 minutes or an hour, just spend some time reading more about Him and getting to know the Bible. Just like any other relationship you have to spend time cultivating it.

Here are some devotional's I use..
First 5 (Proverb 31 Ministries) app, Whole Magazine app

3. Talk To Him Throughout The Day!

Remember it doesn't have to be formal just let Him know you love Him, and that you are thankful for every blessing He has given to you.

4. Let Go And Let God!

Bring all your stress, worries and burdens to God. Remember this when praying, pray the solution or answer rather than praying the problem.

5. End Your Day With Prayer!

As you can tell by this point prayer is essential in any Christians life. Prayer is communication between you and God. Just like you talk your family and friends, God just wants you to talk to him.

Here are a few scriptures about prayer...

1 Thessalonians 3:10- Night and day we pray earnestly for you, asking God to let us see you again to fill the gaps in your faith.


Philippians 4:6-7- Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Jesus Christ.

Photo Credit: Rob Strok

No comments:

Post a Comment